Monday, April 25, 2011

Let me introduce myself

Here I am. I'm Fedorov Alexey, student from Ukraine.

I enjoy programming for nine years. I wrote a lot of fun programs, participated in school competitions, defended the project in the Junior Academy of Sciences. I'm a three-time winner of the Republican School Olympiad on Informatics (2007, 2008, 2009), i.e. three third-degree diplomas.


After school I have acted in the best university in my city. It was easy - I was out of the contest :) There I was immediately taken under the wing of coach acm. After two weeks of study I went to the Ukrainian Vinnitsa Regional Contest (2009). There were many contests in which I have participated to the present day.

 I have a couple of golden rules in programming. They are:
  • do not use a debugger, 
  • write a legible and readable code, 
  • write effectively 
Of course not always possible to adhere to the first rule. The second rule can be broken when the programmer has to quickly write code. The third rule is special, because the effectiveness of the code depends on many parameters. But more on that later.


I specialize in various algorithms, special technologies and features. My favorite programming language is C++. I programmed in Delphi, C#, Assembler (tasm, nasm, gcc asm), Java.

I prefer not to use development environment for six months. Just good editor with syntax highlight, good console compiler (such as g++) and console debugger (if I still have to violate the first rule; such as gdb). You say, "how to deal with large projects?". I have an answer, but more on that later.


I use Linux, but I do not have anything against Microsoft and other well-known businesses in this area. I generally respect these people for how they could be at the right time in the right place and push the right idea, and thus capture the market.

In the following posts I'll discuss some simple but interesting algorithms, as well as show their implementation.

P.S. 
If you notice a mistake in post, or you see a way to improve a paragraph or entire post or an entire blog, please feedback through comments or mail me waterlink000@gmail.com

That's all for today. Good luck :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment